Sunday, March 18, 2007

New Leaf

Sad, Overwhelmed, Challenged.......these are the ways I have been feeling these last few days as I have been making my way through this book called Irresistable Revolution. Sad that Christians in America (including me) seem so far from what Jesus asks us to be. Overwhelmed by the saddness, sickness, pain, lonliness, injustice, and poverty that exists in this fallen world. Challenged to be a true follower of Jesus.

Matthew 25:40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' "

My time is probably one of the things I hold onto the most. I value my days, months, years and make notes in my heart of how each of these are marked. Through this self-evaluation I am realizing that I need to mark my time by caring for "the least of these."

1 comment:

Zoe: livable church said...

I have read and thoroughly enjoyed all your posts. The thoughts on friendship made me remember how much both of you (not to disclude the little one) mean to me.

book recommendation: "Who Cares" or "The Careless Society"